harp-weaver is an independent philanthropic advisory firm based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Teresa Araco Rodgers, the principal, works with individuals and families to gift to issues that matter in a meaningful way.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

First Post

Staring at the blank page before me....first entry. I am sitting at my kitchen table. Just put the kids to sleep (3 of them - 4 year old, 2 and a half year old and a 2 month old). For the first time in 15 years I am not thinking about working at the financial services company where I have been employed since I graduated college. Its been a great ride at a great company, but its time to go on an adventure. That adventure is exploring philanthropy. I am currently reading Kathy LeMay's book called The Generosity Plan. In her introduction she tells the story of how she stood in front of an audience and proclaimed herself a philanthropist. For many I think this is daunting. For those who have the resources, the responsibility to deploy and engage in a thoughtful and meaningful way can be difficult. Its my aim to create a positive experience for people just getting started and to take it a step further and focus on the results achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment